Saturday 10 December 2011

Retro Fisco tape measure


Even the simplest things can make me smile. It never ceases to amaze me how even the smallest and most practical of objects can reflect the era they were designed in. Fisco are still manufacturing measuring tapes in England but the style has changed somewhat.


It looks like it is styled like the motorbikes and helmets of the 1970s. The gentle curves, primary coloured stripes and "uni-matic" all scream the era. If Evil Knievel or Captain America had a tape measure...


2 comments:

  1. Having just found my old 1985 FISCO UNIMATIC 5m tape measure, I felt like a young boy again and reminisced about the olden days where entertainment was measuring sticks in a back yard and keeping a journal on your findings. This review pulls on my heart-strings, and brings back so many good memories.

    To this day, I have not found another tape measure that can hold up to the amazing standards my FISCO UNIMATIC upholds.

    Happy measuring,
    Winston Pernill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea I got the same fisco unimatic 5m tape measure I got it from my father`s toolbox and I will give him a new one and of course different brand

    ReplyDelete